Old 08-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Mike

Default Question on encrypted usbkey and CD in F9?

Has anybody recently made/used an encrypted CD or usbkey in F9?

If so a couple of questions...

1) Is there a howto on the web that gives the steps to creating and
reading an encrypted CD in F9?
2) I seem to remember roughly how to make an encrypted USBkey but
is there a way to be able to plug in an encrypted usbkey and have it open
in the desktop using a stored passphrase in an automatic way?

Old 08-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Mike

Mike <mike.cloaked <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Has anybody recently made/used an encrypted CD or usbkey in F9?

Just to be clear about my question - this was intended to be
done with luks/dmcrypt

Old 08-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Anders Karlsson

* Mike <mike.cloaked@gmail.com> [20080801 10:01]:
> Mike <mike.cloaked <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Has anybody recently made/used an encrypted CD or usbkey in F9?
>
> Just to be clear about my question - this was intended to be
> done with luks/dmcrypt

USB key, yes.

I used
http://www.saout.de/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=EncryptHomeDirUsingLUKS
to work out the steps needed to encrypt the USB key. Mounting it is as
simple as just inserting it and browsing it. It'll be detected as
encrypted.

You'll be asked for passphrase and you can then elect to store that
passphrase "forever". I'd suggest you don't, but that is your call to
make.

HTH,

/Anders

Old 08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Mike C

Anders Karlsson <anders <at> trudheim.co.uk> writes:

> http://www.saout.de/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=EncryptHomeDirUsingLUKS
> to work out the steps needed to encrypt the USB key. Mounting it is as
> simple as just inserting it and browsing it. It'll be detected as
> encrypted.

Great - thanks
Mike