Old 12-06-2007, 06:59 AM
"Macus Ang Yong Lee"

Default Problem install FC8 to a HP Proliant DL320

Hi,

¬*

I am having a problem installing FC8 to a HP Proliant DL320
Server.

¬*

I have configure the server in Raid 1 with the onboard Raid
Card.

¬*

I have no problem installing the FC8, the FC8 can detect the
Raid Card and even formatting the harddisk.

¬*

The problem arises after you finish installing all the
packages.

¬*

Once you reboot the machine, it prompt an error “Missing
Operating System‚ÄĚ.

¬*

According to HP, they claim that FC8 did not support the
Hardware.

¬*

I have also trying using FC7.¬* I can install and
configure the server will no error.

¬*

Please help on the FC8.

¬*

Regards,

Macus
Ang, Yong Lee

Senior Manager

Vellas Outsourcing Pte Ltd

HP: 65-96810250

Tel / Fax: 65-67483500

Email: macusangyl@vellas.com.sg

Website: http://www.vellas.com.sg

Address: 361, Ubi Road 3, #03-27, Singapore 408664

¬*

~ This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. You should not
copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person.¬* Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that
do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by it. ~

¬*

Old 12-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Mogens Kjaer

Macus Ang Yong Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am having a problem installing FC8 to a HP Proliant DL320 Server.
>

> I have configure the server in Raid 1 with the onboard Raid Card.
>

> I have no problem installing the FC8, the FC8 can detect the Raid Card and
> even formatting the harddisk.

Which RAID controller is it?

Can you boot in rescue mode from the CD/DVD?

In rescue mode, what is the contents of /mnt/sysimage/boot/grub/device.map ?

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk