Old 07-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default How to swee youtube videos,

In firefox I can see and hear videos that are .mpg or.wmv but on youtube
I can see the video but not hear the sound.

How can this be fixed? This is f9 I am using.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Antonio Olivares

> In firefox I can see and hear videos that are .mpg or.wmv
> but on youtube
> I can see the video but not hear the sound.
>
> How can this be fixed? This is f9 I am using.

Try the following:

# yum install libflashsupport

Report back if that did the trick.

Regards,

Antonio

Old 08-01-2008, 12:06 AM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 16:00 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > In firefox I can see and hear videos that are .mpg or.wmv
> > but on youtube
> > I can see the video but not hear the sound.
> >
> > How can this be fixed? This is f9 I am using.
>
> Try the following:
>
> # yum install libflashsupport

If your Firefox is 64-bit, you'll need both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

# yum install libflashsupport libflashsupport.i386

poc

Old 08-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Aaron Konstam

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 16:00 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > In firefox I can see and hear videos that are .mpg or.wmv
> > but on youtube
> > I can see the video but not hear the sound.
> >
> > How can this be fixed? This is f9 I am using.
>
> Try the following:
>
> # yum install libflashsupport
>
> Report back if that did the trick.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

Wonderful, that worked. Thanks.
Ignorance is bliss. -- Thomas Gray Fortune updates the great quotes,
#42: BLISS is ignorance.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 05:51:55PM -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> In firefox I can see and hear videos that are .mpg or.wmv but on youtube
> I can see the video but not hear the sound.
>
> How can this be fixed? This is f9 I am using.

You can view YouTube videos with Miró, thus not needing the proprietary
flash decoder.

As an added value, Miró provides access to a huge network of video
(longer than the 24h/day can provide )

Rui

--

Today is Pungenday, the 67th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:20 PM

Old 08-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Anne Wilson

On Sunday 03 August 2008 13:20:37 g wrote:
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > As an added value, Mir� provides access to a huge network of video
> > (longer than the 24h/day can provide )
>
> so just what in hell is 'Mir[0xef 0xbf,0xbd]'???

g - your encoding is poor. That character was an o with acute accent.

Anne

Old 08-03-2008, 12:38 PM

Old 08-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Anne Wilson

On Sunday 03 August 2008 13:38:11 g wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > g - your encoding is poor. That character was an o with acute accent.
>
> my encoding is not poor. i gave hexadecimal equivalent of what i read
> in hex editor.

Why? It implied critism where none was warranted.

> so what is program?

No idea, bur Rui thinks it valuable. You could google it or decide that you
wouldn't use it and not bother.

Anne

Old 08-03-2008, 01:26 PM