Old 07-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Dave Feustel

Default Upgrading KDE onFedora 9 to KDE 4.1

Will this occur automatically during a system upgrade or do I need to
take explicit action to get KDE upgraded to 4.1?

Thanks.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Kevin Kofler

Dave Feustel <dfeustel <at> mindspring.com> writes:
> Will this occur automatically during a system upgrade or do I need to
> take explicit action to get KDE upgraded to 4.1?

KDE 4.1 will move out of updates-testing (into the stable updates) in a few
days. At that point it will occur automatically, assuming you update your
system regularly.

If you really can't wait, you can get it now from updates-testing, but there
may be last-minute issues, and it's nontrivial to get all KDE-related updates
from updates-testing without also getting all the other stuff from
updates-testing.

Kevin Kofler

Old 07-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Dave Feustel

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 03:59:49PM +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Dave Feustel <dfeustel <at> mindspring.com> writes:
> > Will this occur automatically during a system upgrade or do I need to
> > take explicit action to get KDE upgraded to 4.1?
>
> KDE 4.1 will move out of updates-testing (into the stable updates) in a few
> days. At that point it will occur automatically, assuming you update your
> system regularly.
>
> If you really can't wait, you can get it now from updates-testing, but there
> may be last-minute issues, and it's nontrivial to get all KDE-related updates
> from updates-testing without also getting all the other stuff from
> updates-testing.
>
> Kevin Kofler

Thanks for the info. I update regularly. I think I'll wait for the
official update release.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Armin

On Thursday 31 July 2008 12:49:15 Dave Feustel wrote:
> Will this occur automatically during a system upgrade or do I need to
> take explicit action to get KDE upgraded to 4.1?
>
> Thanks.
if you have kde 4.0 already installed, it will be done automatically with a
system update

--
Armin