Old 07-31-2008, 02:42 PM
"M. Fioretti"

Default A 100% Linux / Open Source inmates rehabilitation program

Greetings, everybody.

May I ask you to have a look to this article of mine about Linux and
Open Source principles in education at
www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/072908-ex-inmates.html (*):

"New project uses Linux and cooperative development techniques to
train ex-inmates for personal and family life."

and let me know of any similar story, that is cases where any Linux
distribution or other FOSS tool is used either in this or in other
equally challenging environments?

Thank you in advance for any feedback,

Marco

(*) Digg link at:
http://digg.com/politics/Ex_inmates_apply_open_source_SW_methods_to_rehabil itation
--
Your own civil rights and the quality of your own life heavily depend on
how software is used *around* you: http://digifreedom.net/

Old 07-31-2008, 02:43 PM
"M. Fioretti"

software is used *around* you: http://digifreedom.net/node/84

Old 07-31-2008, 10:55 PM
debian

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 16:42 +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
> Greetings, everybody.
>
> May I ask you to have a look to this article of mine about Linux and
> Open Source principles in education at
> www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/072908-ex-inmates.html (*):
>
> "New project uses Linux and cooperative development techniques to
> train ex-inmates for personal and family life."
>
> and let me know of any similar story, that is cases where any Linux
> distribution or other FOSS tool is used either in this or in other
> equally challenging environments?
>
> Thank you in advance for any feedback,
>
> Marco
>
> (*) Digg link at:
> http://digg.com/politics/Ex_inmates_apply_open_source_SW_methods_to_rehabil itation
> --
> Your own civil rights and the quality of your own life heavily depend on
> how software is used *around* you: http://digifreedom.net/

quote: "Almost 70% of released inmates end up returning to prison. A new
project uses gaming and cooperative development techniques to train
ex-inmates for personal and family life. "

wow gaming in jail..i wonder what that would be like

--cj

Old 08-01-2008, 04:45 AM
"M. Fioretti"

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 16:55:32 PM -0600, debian wrote:

> quote: "Almost 70% of released inmates end up returning to
> prison. A new project uses gaming and cooperative development
> techniques to train ex-inmates for personal and family life. "
>
> wow gaming in jail..i wonder what that would be like

as they say on Slashdot... did you read The Fine Article? Including
the answer which explains why this kind of approach is considered more
effective, in that context, than textbooks or multiple choice tests?

Back to the original point, I still welcome in any moment any pointer
to cases like this, that is cases where Ubuntu or any other Free
Software, is used to teach in this or equally difficult environments.

Best Regards,
Marco Fioretti