Old 07-31-2008, 03:02 PM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"

Default vim syntax highlight F9 -- Solved(?)

Hi

The default is for Bash. But I use ksh and the default does not work.

Marcelo

Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 14:05 +0100, Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:

Hi

I don't if this a solution or not, I don't think so, but here it goes:
have to call with "vim" not "vi".

I think I have to disable a kind of "compatibility" mode of vim/vi.

Thanks

In my default f9 installation vi is an alias for vim. Run: alias
and see.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Aaron Konstam

Old 07-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Rick Stevens

Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 14:05 +0100, Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:

Hi

I don't if this a solution or not, I don't think so, but here it goes:
have to call with "vim" not "vi".

I think I have to disable a kind of "compatibility" mode of vim/vi.

Thanks

In my default f9 installation vi is an alias for vim. Run: alias
and see.

Note that the alias is NOT set for the root user. "vi" as the root user
will run /bin/vi (which is vim-minimal). Regular vim is in
/usr/bin/vim.

This split is because you probably need vi (or some editor) when running
in single-user mode where /usr isn't mounted (and /usr/bin/vim isn't
available), and vim-minimal is roughly 1/3 the size of vim.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 16:02 +0100, Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:
> Hi
>
> The default is for Bash. But I use ksh and the default does not work.
>
> Marcelo

That behavior can be changed in your ksh configuration file.