Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
""G""

Default Kernel Version 2.6.15 in any Fedora Version ?

Hi

Has Fedora shipped the 2.6.15 series of kernel by default ? I checked
FC4 and FC5. FC4 by default uses 2.6.11 and FC5 uses 2.6.16. For some
development and testing purposes i need 2.6.15 so can i load FC4 and
download kernel 2.6.15 from kernel.org and compile it ? I feel
upgradation is better than downgrading (i.e, by installing FC5 and
then downgrading to 2.6.15)

Please let me know

Thanks,
Regards,
Balaji

Old 08-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Bill Davidsen

"G" wrote:

Hi

Has Fedora shipped the 2.6.15 series of kernel by default ? I checked
FC4 and FC5. FC4 by default uses 2.6.11 and FC5 uses 2.6.16. For some
development and testing purposes i need 2.6.15 so can i load FC4 and
download kernel 2.6.15 from kernel.org and compile it ? I feel
upgradation is better than downgrading (i.e, by installing FC5 and
then downgrading to 2.6.15)

Please let me know

I have a laptop on FC4, and I believe that the kernel ended on 2.6.17,
so there should be a 2.6.15 kernel in some archive somewhere. I think
that would be a better bet than kernel.org in terms of having the
features of the original.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Old 08-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Antonio Olivares

> "G" wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Has Fedora shipped the 2.6.15 series of kernel by
> default ? I checked
> > FC4 and FC5. FC4 by default uses 2.6.11 and FC5 uses
> 2.6.16. For some
> > development and testing purposes i need 2.6.15 so can
> i load FC4 and
> > download kernel 2.6.15 from kernel.org and compile it
> ? I feel
> > upgradation is better than downgrading (i.e, by
> installing FC5 and
> > then downgrading to 2.6.15)
> >
> > Please let me know
> >
> I have a laptop on FC4, and I believe that the kernel ended
> on 2.6.17,
> so there should be a 2.6.15 kernel in some archive
> somewhere. I think
> that would be a better bet than kernel.org in terms of
> having the
> features of the original.
>
> --
> Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
> "We have more to fear from the bungling of the
> incompetent than from
> the machinations of the wicked." - from Slashdot
>
> --

Fedora Core 5 had a 2.6.15 kernel by default, then they got to 2.6.17? by updates.

kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 is the one that was the default if I am not mistaken.

Regards,

Antonio