Old 07-31-2008, 04:21 AM
Maurizio Marini

Default automount and autorun

My target is to use an "autorun" bash script when an usb pen is automounted
like http://linlog.skepticats.com/content/udevautorun/ describe.

With recent kernels hotplug is vanished replaced by udev; there is
no /etc/dev.d or /etc/hotplug, anymore.
I am not able to find a place where put bash script to be executed.
I read tons of google udev links w/out result, yet.
Any advice would be apreciated

Maurizio

Old 07-31-2008, 01:43 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Maurizio Marini wrote:
My target is to use an "autorun" bash script when an usb pen is automounted
like http://linlog.skepticats.com/content/udevautorun/ describe.

With recent kernels hotplug is vanished replaced by udev; there is
no /etc/dev.d or /etc/hotplug, anymore.

I am not able to find a place where put bash script to be executed.
I read tons of google udev links w/out result, yet.
Any advice would be apreciated

Maurizio

It is /etc/udev and /etc/hotplug.d. But HAL handles things like
mounting USB pen drives. So you will probably have to add a HAL rule
to do this...

Mikkel