Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
"Richard Shaw"

Default Any LiveCD/USB experts in the house?

I have a working USB live install of F9 with a 1GB overlay. However, I have had to start over on a few occasions because trying to get certain updated packages breaks things.

My observations when trying to update:

yum - Works
kernel - Works (improved wireless drivers)
firefox - Works
udev - Breaks booting something about loading the 50-udev rules file even though it kept the old one (.rpmnew for the new one)
xorg - Breaks X, it goes into an infinite loop trying to start X instead of only trying 3 times.

Is it possible to have a special excludes file for yum just for live installs? That way it would prevent customized packages from being replaced and breaking things.

I'm not worried about having a fully updated system on a USB flash drive (though it would be nice) but I do want to keep the kernel and other packages I use updated.

Thanks,
Richard

Old 07-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Axel Thimm

Not really a direct answer (I'd wish I were a LiveCD/USB expert to
help out), but maybe these questions are better targeted at the real
experts gathered at fedora-livecd-list? See

Some are certainly on this list, but your questions may get lost here
in the higher volume list.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 PM
"Richard Shaw"

Not really a direct answer (I'd wish I were a LiveCD/USB expert to

help out), but maybe these questions are better targeted at the real

experts gathered at fedora-livecd-list? See

Some are certainly on this list, but your questions may get lost here

in the higher volume list.

--

Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Thanks, I didn't even know there was one just for the livecd...

Richard