Old 07-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Bob Hartung

Default LVM - Install F9 without LVM

Hi all,
How do I install F9 without LVM? Even when selecting custom
install/partitioning, I cannot delete the LVM volume.

Tnx,

bob

Old 07-30-2008, 02:56 AM
Antonio Olivares

> How do I install F9 without LVM? Even when selecting
> custom
> install/partitioning, I cannot delete the LVM volume.
>
> Tnx,
>
> bob
>
> --

Bob,

Try installing in Text Mode, from release notes it says :

LVM Unavailable in Text Installs

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f9/en_US/sn-disk-druid.html

Try that. Hopefully that let's you install without LVM.

Regards,

Antonio

Old 07-30-2008, 02:58 AM
Tim

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 21:34 -0500, Bob Hartung wrote:
> How do I install F9 without LVM? Even when selecting custom
> install/partitioning, I cannot delete the LVM volume.

Look around the partitioning tool, you'll see that some things sit on
top of others. Remove them in the right sequence. This is easy if
you're dedicating the whole drive to Linux, you can try removing each
part, one by one. Be careful if you're trying to keep something, though
(e.g. dual-boot systems).

I installed 9 on one box that way. I let it have LVM on a laptop I'm
playing with, I figured that I wouldn't have anything other than
settings that need keeping on the laptop, so being able to rescue things
isn't a priority. I don't know if we've got any good tools for
recovering from LVM problems yet.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686