Old 07-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Christoph Höger

Default network configuration file

Hi,

when I want a debian based system to start up an ethernet device
automagically on boot, I simply edit /etc/network/interfaces.
Is there a similar way on fedora to have a single file where static
informations go?

regards

christoph

Old 07-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Antonio Olivares

> when I want a debian based system to start up an ethernet
> device
> automagically on boot, I simply edit
> /etc/network/interfaces.
> Is there a similar way on fedora to have a single file
> where static
> informations go?
>
> regards
>
> christoph--

Christoph,

By default Fedora uses NetworkManager to connect to networks both wired and wireless. You can change things manually, but it is much easier to let NetWorkManger do it for you

You may visit this site for more information and the Fedora Wiki available after you visit the below page.

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f9.html#network

Regards,

Antonio