Old 07-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Anders Karlsson

Default using mock like debootstrap

* Christoph Höger <choeger@cs.tu-berlin.de> [20080729 20:55]:
> Hi,
>
> for a deployment of virtual machines I need a complete root tree.
> To get it I use mock --init --root=fedora-9-i386 (or any other release)
>
> That works a little like debootstrap.
>
> But what do I need to get my machine _really_ working (I already
> installed yum, sshd and some tools)?
> For example I am missing /etc/shadow and cannot use passwd to set up a
> root password.
>
> So is there some kind of base packages list?

You can also do this:

# mkdir /mnt/test
# yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=fedora --disableplugins=*
--installroot=/mnt/test groupinstall Base

- this will fail -

# cp -a /var/cache/yum/fedora /mnt/test/var/cache/yum/
# yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=fedora --disableplugins=*
--installroot=/mnt/test groupinstall Base

and you have a small jail with a good start. Once you have the jail
with the package-set you like, tar it up for quick creation of new
jails later.

I think this is the closest thing to an equivalent of "debootstrap" in
Fedora.

HTH,

/Anders