Old 12-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Steve Searle

Default F8 new kernel

Around 11:54pm on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:

> I did a update on F8 and it included kernel Fedora (2.6.23.8-63.fc8)
> and it killed my X Windows in total because my computer is Nvidia full.
> I had to run the bash file again before getting back where I can write
> this. But it is fine again and the proper size.

You will need to run the proprietry Nvidia installation file everytime
you use a new kernel before you can run the X Window system.

And it is not a bash file it is a binary file.

Steve

--

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting a bad thing?

00:00:52 up 67 days, 10:57, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.04, 0.02

Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
"Kevin J. Cummings"

Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 11:54pm on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:
>
>> I did a update on F8 and it included kernel Fedora (2.6.23.8-63.fc8)
>> and it killed my X Windows in total because my computer is Nvidia full.
>> I had to run the bash file again before getting back where I can write
>> this. But it is fine again and the proper size.
>
> You will need to run the proprietry Nvidia installation file everytime
> you use a new kernel before you can run the X Window system.
>
> And it is not a bash file it is a binary file.

Actually, it is a BASH script which contains an encoded binary file that
it uses during the install. (or is it a binary file that begins with a
BASH script?) It is both.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@rcn.com