Old 07-29-2008, 07:45 AM
"John Babich"

Default Unofficial Fedora FAQ Updated for Fedora 9

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Max Kanat-Alexander
<max_list@fedorafaq.org> wrote:
> Hi there Fedora land! The Unofficial Fedora FAQ has been
> updated for Fedora 9!
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/
>
> For this update, I reviewed and revised almost every single
> question in the FAQ to be up-to-date and even simpler than before. Of
> course the new FAQ contains an updated yum configuration, and also
> working Java plugin instructions, but it also has a whole bunch of
> other small improvements!
>
> The Fedora 8 FAQ is still available at:
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/f8/
>
> In other news, I'd really like somebody who's willing to help
> me answer incoming email for the FAQ. I really like being able to get
> back to everybody who emails me, but I do a lot of different things,
> and having somebody else who could handle that email would be great.
> Eventually this would probably evolve into helping me edit and update
> the FAQ. If you're interested, send me a mail with the subject "FAQ
> Assistance".
>
> The guidelines for contributing to the FAQ are here:
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/contribute/
>
> As always, translations are welcome! If you would like to
> translate the FAQ, send me an email with "FAQ Translation" in the
> subject line and tell me what language you'd like to translate it to.
>
> I hope that you all enjoy this update of the FedoraFAQ, and my
> thanks to everybody in the Fedora community who keep on making each
> release so much better than the last. :-)
>
> -Max

Max:

Thanks for the update. It looks really clean and has great information.

One minor typo that I spotted on Q. 7's answer:

"Modern version of Linux use a cool new type"

should be

"Modern versions"

Best Regards,

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Project

Old 07-29-2008, 11:48 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

Hi, thank you for your great effort.

Please correct this entry:
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#ntfs

ntfs is now supported "out of the box" and automatically mounted in /media.

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 07-29-2008, 11:58 AM
"Stephen Berg (Contractor)"

Valent Turkovic wrote:

Hi, thank you for your great effort.

Please correct this entry:
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#ntfs

ntfs is now supported "out of the box" and automatically mounted in /media.

Cheers,

Valent.
Did you consider letting the author of that FAQ know about that needed
change instead of this list? http://www.fedorafaq.org/contribute/

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator

Old 07-29-2008, 03:25 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Stephen Berg (Contractor)
<stephen.berg.ctr@nrlssc.navy.mil> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>>
>> Hi, thank you for your great effort.
>>
>> Please correct this entry:
>> http://www.fedorafaq.org/#ntfs
>>
>> ntfs is now supported "out of the box" and automatically mounted in
>> /media.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Valent.
>
> Did you consider letting the author of that FAQ know about that needed
> change instead of this list? http://www.fedorafaq.org/contribute/

I thought that OP was the author and that he is reading this list.

Valent.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Valent Turkovic wrote:

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Stephen Berg (Contractor)

Did you consider letting the author of that FAQ know about that needed
change instead of this list? http://www.fedorafaq.org/contribute/

I thought that OP was the author and that he is reading this list.

You can't make any such assumptions. This list is very high traffic that
people often miss out messages. You would want to contact the author
directly instead.

Rahul

Old 07-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Max Kanat-Alexander

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:45:53 +0300 "John Babich" <jmbabich@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for the update. It looks really clean and has great
> information.

Thanks!

> One minor typo that I spotted on Q. 7's answer:
> [snip]

Ah, thanks, fixed it. :-)

-Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Max Kanat-Alexander

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 05:45:45 +0530 Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> You can't make any such assumptions. This list is very high traffic
> that people often miss out messages. You would want to contact the
> author directly instead.

Yeah, I don't usually read this list. I saw this thread by a
fluke, but it's best to email me directly.

-Max