Old 07-29-2008, 01:00 AM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Default Do I need all of the 6 Fedora-Install-CD's?

chris wrote:

Hi,
torrent is running in circles after fedora, and I wonder: do I really
need to burn 6 CD's? I mean clearly Nr.1 is the bootable one, but how is
the package organised? In alphabetical order like avlib is on disk#1 and
zlib on disk#6? Or are the important packages on disk#1 and the other
disks are for users without net-access?!?
Well, if I get my internet running, I can download all the packages I
need...

So, thank your for helping along through the linux jungle :-)

Wishing a nice evening (its 02:06 am in Germany...)
Chris

What I have done in the past is have the DVD .iso image on a
partition that I am not going to format during the install, and then
boot with a CD made with the boot.iso image, or the bootdisk.img on
a USB memory drive. (I have a large partition for data I want to
keep, and server out using Samba.)

Now, for other machines, I boot the same way, but I have the .iso
image server out from my desktop, so I tell the installer to get the
files from there.

Mikkel