Old 07-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Ed Greshko

Default Filtering was: Can I get a word in edgewise here, puhlease?

g wrote:

not sure what you mean by 'keep track', but 'tbird' does have a
'filter log' you can enable.

Adding to work load. And I don't use tbird filters.

I feel as if I'm being forced to filter.

you filter for spam/junk mail. 'soap box' threads are not that much
more trouble.

*All* of my spam filtering is handled by automated processes. So, "to me"
the need to manually add filters *is* more trouble. You can't dispute how I
feel.

when a new 'sb' thread starts, i just press <ctrl+u> to get 'source'
window, then click 'tools > message filers' and open active filter,
click '+' to add. then a short pointer drag and center button click
and i have a new 'sb' filter. takes longer to describe than to do.

sb stands for "Shit for Brains"?

Then there are folks that may not be so good at filtering

they can always ask magic words of 'how to'

They should not be placed in the position in the first place, IMHO.

> and find themselves having mail "disappear".

what???

I have seen people using procmail filtering and weights and malformed rules
getting mail discarded when they did not intend it to be so.

It is clear to me that a small minority of people have no regard for
others on this list. They will tell you otherwise...but they don't.

no argument there. i agree 100%.