Old 07-28-2008, 10:24 PM
"Robert Karge"

Default Entering Interactive startup

After loading FD9 on a spare machine at the next restart when reaching the point of "enter an I for interactive startup" I did do that.
But every time I have used this function on the same computer through numerous new releases of Fedora it always worked.

Not this time.

I retried several times but finally gave up.*

Help!

Old 07-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Armin

On Monday 28 July 2008 19:24:39 Robert Karge wrote:
> After loading FD9 on a spare machine at the next restart when reaching
the
> point of "enter an I for interactive startup" I did do that.
> But every time I have used this function on the same computer through
> numerous new releases of Fedora it always worked.
> Not this time.
>
> I retried several times but finally gave up.
>
> Help!
why would you want an interactive startup? you can enable and disable
services once you get in!

--
Armin

Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 AM
"Dave Burns"

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Armin <feng.shaun@gmail.com> wrote:
> why would you want an interactive startup? you can enable and disable
> services once you get in!

a) service conflict causes machine to crash
b) service conflict requires me to wait 5 minutes for something to time out.

Dave

Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 AM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"

Hi

If I remember right, just after the boot, there is a message "Press 'I'
for interactive startup", or something similar to this.

Regards

Marcelo

Old 07-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Tim

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 18:24 -0400, Robert Karge wrote:
> After loading FD9 on a spare machine at the next restart when reaching
> the point of "enter an I for interactive startup" I did do that.
> But every time I have used this function on the same computer through
> numerous new releases of Fedora it always worked.
> Not this time.

Worked here, about as well as it ever has: Not instantly, often after
the point that I wanted to go into interactive mode (i.e. some services
have started as usual), I've never worked out whether it needs i or
shift+i, and I've had to stab repeatedly to get it recognised.

Another thing that springs to mind is what sort of keyboard are you
using? If it's USB, the system mightn't be recognising it as a
keyboard, yet.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686