Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

Default Has kdepim 4.0.99 disappeared?

I just installed KDE 4.0.99 by doing "yum --enablerepo=updates-testing
groupinstall KDE". There was one conflict, with libkcal (part of
kdepimlibs) so I erased kdepim and kdepimlibs and repeated. The update
installed kdepim-3.5.9 instead of the kdepim-4.0.99 I has previously
had.

Now "yum info ..." can't find kdepim-4.0.99 anywhere (including
updates-testing, kde-unstable and kde-unstable-all). Has it been
withdrawn?

poc

Old 07-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Rex Dieter

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> I just installed KDE 4.0.99 by doing "yum --enablerepo=updates-testing
> groupinstall KDE". There was one conflict, with libkcal (part of
> kdepimlibs) so I erased kdepim and kdepimlibs and repeated. The update
> installed kdepim-3.5.9 instead of the kdepim-4.0.99 I has previously
> had.

keep in mind, kdepim(4) won't be (officially) released for F-9. As you noted, it involves broken deps.

> Now "yum info ..." can't find kdepim-4.0.99 anywhere (including
> updates-testing, kde-unstable and kde-unstable-all). Has it been
> withdrawn?

Yes, the existing kdepim(4) builds conflicted with the kde-4.1 pending updates. It'll make a reappearance soonish.

-- Rex

Old 07-29-2008, 04:41 AM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 19:15 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> > I just installed KDE 4.0.99 by doing "yum --enablerepo=updates-testing
> > groupinstall KDE". There was one conflict, with libkcal (part of
> > kdepimlibs) so I erased kdepim and kdepimlibs and repeated. The update
> > installed kdepim-3.5.9 instead of the kdepim-4.0.99 I has previously
> > had.
>
> keep in mind, kdepim(4) won't be (officially) released for F-9. As you noted, it involves broken deps.
>
> > Now "yum info ..." can't find kdepim-4.0.99 anywhere (including
> > updates-testing, kde-unstable and kde-unstable-all). Has it been
> > withdrawn?
>
> Yes, the existing kdepim(4) builds conflicted with the kde-4.1 pending updates. It'll make a reappearance soonish.

OK

poc