Old 07-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Alan Cox

Default give me my sound back!

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:59:09 -0400
"the bx" <chan.playpool@gmail.com> wrote:

> another thread on the same issue, I think.
>
> "pulseaudio does not start after kernel update"
>
> I updated kernel of F8 and lost sound. I know that most reports here
> concern F9.

Seems similar but my audio comes back each time if I reload the module
which appears to be a different behaviour - and pulseaudio is totally
happy all the time, just the bits that hit the kernel don't come out the
jacks ..

Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 AM
Danny Yee

Sound (totem, vlc, etc.) works for me until I view flash video in
Firefox, after which sound stops working in all other applications
-- until I quite Firefox (and sometimes I have to log out and back
in again).

I'll try reloading the sound module. I expect that's what's happening
anyway when I quite Firefox and/or log out.

Danny.
http://dannyreviews.com/ - one thousand book reviews
http://wanderingdanny.com/ - travelogues + photos
http://danny.oz.au/ - information activism, blog

Old 08-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 14:01 +1000, Danny Yee wrote:
> Sound (totem, vlc, etc.) works for me until I view flash video in
> Firefox, after which sound stops working in all other applications
> -- until I quite Firefox (and sometimes I have to log out and back
> in again).
>
> I'll try reloading the sound module. I expect that's what's happening
> anyway when I quite Firefox and/or log out.
>
> Danny.
I got yelled at for suggesting this before but you might try to install:
libflashsupport using yum.