Old 07-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Mike Chambers

Default New support lists?

Hi all,

Reading the last couple emails from another thread on maybe new list or
two, and to segregate the content to them was brought up and have couple
new list names that might help make sense or to get the ball rolling?

fedora-list(this one) - General Fedora talk, opinions, suggestions,
comments, distro wars, all that type stuff not support related.

fedora-user-list or fedora-support-list - Bug references, problems with
software, computer won't boot, email don't work, firefox plugins not
working, etc.. where problems are asked about and responded to on
*official releases*.

fedora-testers-list - as is, for testing alpha, beta, preview, rc
releases when preparing a new release.

fedora-devel-list - as is, for development of fedora, and the rest that
is currently used on that list.

See the url below for currently created lists already being used..

Would this help make things better?

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302@fedoraproject.org

Old 07-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Antonio Olivares

> Reading the last couple emails from another thread on maybe
> new list or
> two, and to segregate the content to them was brought up
> and have couple
> new list names that might help make sense or to get the
> ball rolling?
>
> fedora-list(this one) - General Fedora talk, opinions,
> suggestions,
> comments, distro wars, all that type stuff not support
> related.
>
> fedora-user-list or fedora-support-list - Bug references,
> problems with
> software, computer won't boot, email don't work,
> firefox plugins not
> working, etc.. where problems are asked about and responded
> to on
> *official releases*.
The fedora-list is the default one for this. Why should the new one be created. The same problems will arise if the new list is created.

> fedora-testers-list - as is, for testing alpha, beta,
> preview, rc
> releases when preparing a new release.
Will it change or is fedora-test-list sufficient here, I do not see the need for this one.

> fedora-devel-list - as is, for development of fedora, and
> the rest that
> is currently used on that list.
>
> See the url below for currently created lists already being
> used..

> Would this help make things better?
For some maybe, but for me I would have to subscribe to more lists

I like things the way they are. You can't please all the time

Just look at the big thread