Old 07-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Jonathan Allen

Default Excel to CSV batch

Hi List,

Does anyone know of any software that converts Excel format spreadsheets
into CSV files in a command-line batch mode ? Obviously OpenOffice can
do this but requires an interactive load/save cycle - I'm trying to do
this in an email-triggered shell script.

Jonathan

Old 07-28-2008, 12:05 PM
julien brule

Jonathan Allen wrote:

Hi List,

Hi,

usually, i'm using
http://chicago.sourceforge.net/xlhtml/

cheers

julien

Old 07-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Vnpenguin

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Jonathan Allen
<jonathan@barumtrading.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Does anyone know of any software that converts Excel format spreadsheets
> into CSV files in a command-line batch mode ? Obviously OpenOffice can
> do this but requires an interactive load/save cycle - I'm trying to do
> this in an email-triggered shell script.

A simple Perl script could do it

--
http://vnoss.org