-   -   My own private GNU / Linux thread (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/132877-my-own-private-gnu-linux-thread.html)

Andrew Kelly 07-28-2008 09:31 AM

My own private GNU / Linux thread

Yes, it's mine, but I'm happy to share.
Well, at least as long as it doesn't become tainted by any
self-important bluster.

I've been in very close contact with a scandinavian physicist who has
proof that the number of strange attractors these threads are generating
is beginning to affect the efficiency of sauna heating in the north.

The two of us, each having been asked by the other to represent all of
humanity, have determined that a crisis intervention is imperative.

As you read this, dozens of grade school children dressed as ghosts (but
with 3 versions of the GPL and some random perl fragments embossing
their sheets) are descending upon strategically selected, prolific
posters to this list. These gOSSts (ghoulish Open Source Software
touting students), rattling their ipchains and menacingly moaning
gnuuuuUUUUUU, GNUUUUUU!
will perform
while(1){
traumatise();
}

Until such time as Your System or Network Administrator issues a SIGHUP
and peace again descends upon us.

There. Eat my OT dust.

Andy

Marko Vojinovic 07-28-2008 11:19 PM

On Monday 28 July 2008 09:31, Andrew Kelly wrote:
> Yes, it's mine, but I'm happy to share.

Say, are you sharing it under the viral-GPL or some more-free licence? ;-)

> I've been in very close contact with a scandinavian physicist who has
> proof that the number of strange attractors these threads are generating
> is beginning to affect the efficiency of sauna heating in the north.
>
> The two of us, each having been asked by the other to represent all of
> humanity, have determined that a crisis intervention is imperative.

Count me in for help !! I want to correct yet another social injustice !!! :-)

> As you read this, dozens of grade school children dressed as ghosts (but
> with 3 versions of the GPL and some random perl fragments embossing
> their sheets) are descending upon strategically selected, prolific
> posters to this list. These gOSSts (ghoulish Open Source Software
> touting students), rattling their ipchains and menacingly moaning
> gnuuuuUUUUUU, GNUUUUUU!
> will perform
> while(1){
> traumatise();
> }
>
> Until such time as Your System or Network Administrator issues a SIGHUP
> and peace again descends upon us.

Is the traumatise() function included in glibc? If not, where can I find and
download the source code? ;-)

Best, :-)
Marko