Old 12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
"Mark C. Allman"

Default Evolution status bar indicator question

After a short time running the Evolution e-mail client, I see in the
status bar these little indicators that look like a tiny icon followed
by "(...)." The "tiny icon" on my system is a little foot image which
cycles as if to indicate that it's busy doing something. I assume that
these are telling me that the Evolution client is waiting on a
background process to complete? Is my understanding correct?

There are five "evolution" processes running:
1. /usr/bin/evolution
2. /usr/libexec/evolution-data-server-1.12
3. /usr/libexec/evolution/2.12/evolution-exchange-storage
4. /usr/libexec/evolution/2.12/evolution-alarm-notify
5. /usr/bin/perl (running the /usr/bin/spamd script)

Version of evolution I'm running: evolution 2.12.1
System: Fedora 8 kernel 2.6.23.1-49.fc8

-- Mark C, Allman, PMP
-- Allman Professional Consulting, Inc.
-- www.allmanpc.com, 617-947-4263

BusinessMsg -- the secure, managed, J2EE/AJAX Enterprise IM/IC solution

Old 12-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Matthew Saltzman

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 13:46 -0500, Mark C. Allman wrote:
> After a short time running the Evolution e-mail client, I see in the
> status bar these little indicators that look like a tiny icon followed
> by "(...)." The "tiny icon" on my system is a little foot image which
> cycles as if to indicate that it's busy doing something. I assume that
> these are telling me that the Evolution client is waiting on a
> background process to complete? Is my understanding correct?

I've seen this too, and I suspect it's a bug. Once it appears, it stays
even though I can't think of a background process that might be
running.

I haven't had a chance to file it, so feel free.

--
Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu