Old 07-21-2008, 08:48 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default mp3 ripper

Anyone know of a ripper that has cddb support similar to grip but works with file names better like juicer?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 07-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Dario Alcocer

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

Anyone know of a ripper that has cddb support similar to grip but works with file names better like juicer?

How specifically do you want filenames generated? For reference, here
are the options available when configuring grip for ripping and encoding:

http://www.nostatic.org/grip/doc/ar01s04.html#gripswitches

HTH,

-- D.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:58 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>How specifically do you want filenames generated? For reference, here
>are the options available when configuring grip for ripping and encoding:
>
>http://www.nostatic.org/grip/doc/ar01s04.html#gripswitches

Dario,

I tried the following:
~/Music/%A/%d/%t - %a.%x

And it didn't produce very nice names, they were missing the "-" and had
some other anomalies, this may have had something to do with its misinterpretation
of the above the line. Any idea how to correctly get what I am after based on that line?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 07-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Dario Alcocer

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

How specifically do you want filenames generated? For reference, here
are the options available when configuring grip for ripping and encoding:

http://www.nostatic.org/grip/doc/ar01s04.html#gripswitches

I tried the following:
~/Music/%A/%d/%t - %a.%x

And it didn't produce very nice names, they were missing the "-" and had
some other anomalies, this may have had something to do with its misinterpretation
of the above the line. Any idea how to correctly get what I am after based on that line?

First, you'll probably want to use the following instead for ripping:

~/Music/%A/%d/%t - %a - %n.wav

Ripping produces files in WAV format. Using .%x as the extension
probably isn't what you want.

Also, check the options under Config, Misc; you'll probably want to
select "Do not lowercase filenames" and "Do not change spaces to
underscores". This should produce what you want for ripped files.

As for the filename for the encoded file, you'll want to set "Encode
file format" under Config, Encode, Encoder:

~/Music/%A/%d/%t - %a - %n.%x

HTH,

-- D.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:52 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>First, you'll probably want to use the following instead for ripping:
>
>~/Music/%A/%d/%t - %a - %n.wav
>
>Ripping produces files in WAV format. Using .%x as the extension
>probably isn't what you want.

Sorry, Yeah I didn't change the "rip" format because I let it delete
the wav's.

>Also, check the options under Config, Misc; you'll probably want to
>select "Do not lowercase filenames" and "Do not change spaces to
>underscores". This should produce what you want for ripped files.

Did all this.

>As for the filename for the encoded file, you'll want to set "Encode
>file format" under Config, Encode, Encoder:
>
>~/Music/%A/%d/%t - %a - %n.%x

All that I want is "%t - %a.%x" yet it didn't work. I had all the settings you
suggested already. I will try on another box when I get a chance...

Thanks!
jlc