Old 07-21-2008, 05:00 PM
"M. Fioretti"

Default Fedora 8: Any way to get sqlite support in php?

short of recompiling the source rpm, that is. I have an FC8
workstation where, for reasons not really relevant now, I could not
install or use a compiler or create rpms. Of course, if I could do
that (I know how to) it wouldn't be a problem, but I can't, not in the
near term anyway. However, I'd really need, on that same workstation,
access via php to an Sqlite3 database.

I've found online that sqlite support from the php rpm for Fedora was
removed in FC4, but is it really still the same??? Is it true that to
use sqlite from Php you have either to recompile from sources or
change distro?

TIA,
Marco
software is used *around* you: http://digifreedom.net/node/84

Old 07-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Remi Collet

M. Fioretti a écrit :

short of recompiling the source rpm, that is. I have an FC8
workstation where, for reasons not really relevant now, I could not
install or use a compiler or create rpms. Of course, if I could do
that (I know how to) it wouldn't be a problem, but I can't, not in the
near term anyway. However, I'd really need, on that same workstation,
access via php to an Sqlite3 database.

I've found online that sqlite support from the php rpm for Fedora was
removed in FC4, but is it really still the same??? Is it true that to
use sqlite from Php you have either to recompile from sources or
change distro?

SQLite v2 functions are not enabled
http://fr2.php.net/sqlite

But PDO SQLite v3 function are available
http://fr2.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-sqlite.php

Just yum install php-pdo

++

TIA,