Old 07-21-2008, 02:51 PM
linuxguy

Default KDE4: Why exactly shouldn't we be able to drag and drop files into folders on the Desktop ?

I've been running F9 since shortly after it came out. My desktop is a
mess of about 100 files and folders totally mixed up. It was very
nicely organized when I was running F8.

I don't understand the KDE4 rationality. Why exactly shouldn't the user
be able to drag and drop files and folders on the Desktop ? I
understand that there might be a new way of doing things in KDE4 that I
don't yet understand or know how to use. But why can't functionality
to allow people to use their Desktop in the traditional way be
maintained ?

I am really, really frustrated with KDE4 !

Thanks