Old 07-21-2008, 05:04 AM

Default Script to add launcher to menu panel?

Arch Willingham wrote:

I need language to create a script that will create a launcher

<snip>

Any ideas?

with kde, you can drag and drop.

--

tc,hago.

.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:16 AM
wwp

Hello Arch,

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 23:56:22 -0400 Arch Willingham <arch@tuparks.com> wrote:

> I need language to create a script that will create a launcher on the top GNOME menu panel. I have read a ton of stuff and it seems to do with gconftool-2 but I can't find the exact way to do it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

Using xdg-desktop-menu from Xdg-utils maybe?

http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/XdgUtils
http://portland.freedesktop.org/xdg-utils-1.0/xdg-desktop-menu.html

wwp