Old 07-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Kevin Kofler

Default F9: Konqueror and gnash not working

Giovanni Cucca <giovanni.cucca <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Has anyone succeded in making klash work?
> I also noticed that the gnash-klash package depends on qt3 and
> kdelibs3: maybe this is causing klash not working with Konqueror
> 4.0.98?

Klash has not been ported to KDE 4 yet, so it won't work in Fedora 9.

See: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=22104
There's a preliminary patch there, but it doesn't work yet. (I told them how to
fix the obvious issues, but there are probably more and nobody looked at it any
further. For anybody wanting to work on this, also be warned that they won't
accept your work upstream without a FSF copyright assignment. :-/)

Kevin Kofler

Old 07-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Kevin Kofler

Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> I think it has to do with the 64 bit architecture

No, it has to do with Klash not being ported to KDE 4.

> you might need to install the i386 counterparts ?
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f9/en_US/sn-Desktop.html#sn-Enabling-Flash-Plugin

That release note entry is about the proprietary Flash plugin, it has nothing
to do with Gnash/Klash.

What could possibly work, however, would be using the Gnash Mozilla plugin,
after all the proprietary Flash plugin is also a Mozilla plugin. (But
nspluginwrapper would not be needed, as Gnash is available for x86_64 too.)
However, last I checked, it did not work with Konqueror, which is why the
native Klash plugin is being developed at all.

Kevin Kofler

Old 07-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Giovanni Cucca

On Sunday 20 July 2008 02:45:11 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> What could possibly work, however, would be using the Gnash
Mozilla
> plugin, after all the proprietary Flash plugin is also a Mozilla
> plugin. (But nspluginwrapper would not be needed, as Gnash is
> available for x86_64 too.) However, last I checked, it did not work
> with Konqueror, which is why the native Klash plugin is being
> developed at all.
>
> Kevin Kofler

I tried it (I had to manually add /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins to the
plugin search path), but with little success: Konqueror doesn't
complain anymore about not having the Flash plugin, but Flash
videos are simply not shown. The same issue occurs with swfdec-
mozilla.
I guess I'll have to try the proprietary plugin to see if it works
Thanks for the hint anyway

Giovanni
--
Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)