Old 07-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Giovanni Cucca

Default F9: Konqueror and gnash not working

Hi all,
I'm running Fedora 9 with KDE from the kde-redhat repo.
I've installed gnash and gnash-klash but Konqueror refuses to show
any flash content (at least on YouTube and Google video), telling me
that I need to enable JavaScript (already enabled) or a newer
version of Adobe's Flash Player.
Has anyone succeded in making klash work?
I also noticed that the gnash-klash package depends on qt3 and
kdelibs3: maybe this is causing klash not working with Konqueror
4.0.98?

Giovanni
--
Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)
2.6.25.10-86.fc9.x86_64

Old 07-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Antonio Olivares

> Hi all,
> I'm running Fedora 9 with KDE from the kde-redhat repo.
> I've installed gnash and gnash-klash but Konqueror
> refuses to show
> any flash content (at least on YouTube and Google video),
> telling me
> that I need to enable JavaScript (already enabled) or a
> newer
> version of Adobe's Flash Player.
> Has anyone succeded in making klash work?
> I also noticed that the gnash-klash package depends on qt3
> and
> kdelibs3: maybe this is causing klash not working with
> Konqueror
> 4.0.98?
>
> Giovanni
> --
> Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)
> 2.6.25.10-86.fc9.x86_64
>

> --

Giovanni,
I think it has to do with the 64 bit architecture
you might need to install the i386 counterparts ?

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f9/en_US/sn-Desktop.html#sn-Enabling-Flash-Plugin

Regards,

Antonio