Old 07-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Dean Maluski

Default F9 No netork access from Xwindows

I just installed Fedora 9 on a machine.
It has network access.
>From command shell I can ping and dig addresses but the status icon in
top right corner says networking is disabled and when I run Firefox it
says I am offline.
yum also fails to connect.
I've disabled firewall and selinux I think with no changes.
What new feature did I miss?

Old 07-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Timothy Murphy

Dean Maluski wrote:

> I just installed Fedora 9 on a machine.
> It has network access.
>>From command shell I can ping and dig addresses but the status icon in
> top right corner says networking is disabled and when I run Firefox it
> says I am offline.
> yum also fails to connect.
> I've disabled firewall and selinux I think with no changes.
> What new feature did I miss?

You don't say how you are trying to "access the network".
WiFi? Ethernet? ADSL modem? etc