Old 07-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Matthew Saltzman

Default F9 + NM: wireless options don't come up from hibernate on Thinkpad T61

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 11:10 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I boot into a machine on wired ethernet. All is well, the wireless
> options come up as well as wired (which is connected). However, after
> I put the laptop on hibernate and wake it up, the wireless options are
> all gone, and the only option is the wired eth0 (without a reboot). If
> I go away from my wired network, rebooting is the only option.
>
> Does anyone have this problem? Any suggestions as to how I can fix
> this?

I occasionally see that it takes a minute or so for NM to re-scan on
resume. If it fails to connect after that time, I've had success with

1. Stopping NM
2. Removing wireless driver
3. Re-installing wireless driver
4. Restarting NM

It may also help to create /etc/pm/config.d/unload_modules containing

SUSPEND_MODULES="<your wireless driver>"

--
Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs

Old 07-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Globe Trotter

Sorry but how do I figure out what/where my wireless driver is?

Many thanks,
Trotter