Old 07-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Gene Heskett

Default Dependency hell again. Or is it still?

Greetings;

I'm trying to build and install the most recent openmovieeditor release, and
that has forced me to install a load of devel stuffs. OpenMovieEditor needs
gmerlin, which I got the tar.bz2 from srcforge for it. But, the build is
bailing out with this:

checking for OpenGL... yes
configure: error: Gmerlin needs OpenGL and GLX
Compilation in gmerlin failed

I've poked at yumex's search bar now for about half an hour trying to get it to
show me some GLX that isn't just the glitz bindings.

So what do I install to fix these dependencies?

The video card here is an older ATI 9200SE, using the radeon driver, which it
has been reasonably happy with. And, FWIW, glxinfo spits out that I do have
version 1.2 installed and running. A snippet from that output:
GLX version: 1.2
GLX extensions:
GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_swap_control,
GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_SGI_make_current_read,
GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGIS_multisample,
GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20060602 AGP 8x x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE TCL
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.0.3

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 07-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Markku Kolkka

Gene Heskett kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 18.
heinäkuuta 2008):
> checking for OpenGL... yes
> configure: error: Gmerlin needs OpenGL and GLX
> Compilation in gmerlin failed
>
> I've poked at yumex's search bar now for about half an hour
> trying to get it to show me some GLX that isn't just the glitz
> bindings.
>
> So what do I install to fix these dependencies?

mesa-libGL-devel
If that doesn't help, check the configure.log file to see which
header or library is actually missing.

--
Markku Kolkka
markku.kolkka@iki.fi

Old 07-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Gene Heskett

Greetings;

Repost with some editing..

I'm trying to build and install the most recent OpenMovieEditor release, and
that has forced me to install a load of devel stuffs. OpenMovieEditor needs
gmerlin, which I got the tar.bz2 from sourceforge for it. But, the build is
bailing out with this:

checking for OpenGL... yes
configure: error: Gmerlin needs OpenGL and GLX
Compilation in gmerlin failed

The video card here is an older ATI:

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE]
(rev 01)
02:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE]
(Secondary) (rev 01)

And I am using the radeon driver, which it has been reasonably happy with. And,
FWIW, glxinfo spits out that I do have version 1.2 installed and running.

Snippets from that output:

GLX version: 1.2
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20060602 AGP 8x x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE TCL
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.0.3

So what -devel rpm do I install to fix these (apparently GLX) dependencies?

Thanks all.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You are sick, twisted and perverted. I like that in a person.
--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Why be a man when you can be a success?
-- Bertolt Brecht

Old 07-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Gene Heskett

On Saturday 19 July 2008, Markku Kolkka wrote:
>Gene Heskett kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 18.
>
>heinäkuuta 2008):
>> checking for OpenGL... yes
>> configure: error: Gmerlin needs OpenGL and GLX
>> Compilation in gmerlin failed
>>
>> I've poked at yumex's search bar now for about half an hour
>> trying to get it to show me some GLX that isn't just the glitz
>> bindings.
>>
>> So what do I install to fix these dependencies?
>
>mesa-libGL-devel
It is installed:
[root@coyote gmerlin-0.3.7]# rpm -qa |grep mesa
mesa-libGL-7.0.2-3.fc8
mesa-libGLw-devel-6.5.1-4.fc8
mesa-libOSMesa-devel-7.0.2-3.fc8
mesa-libGLU-devel-7.0.2-3.fc8
mesa-libGLU-7.0.2-3.fc8
mesa-libGLw-6.5.1-4.fc8
mesa-libGL-devel-7.0.2-3.fc8
mesa-libOSMesa-7.0.2-3.fc8

Also in /usr/include/GL:
[root@coyote GL]# tree .
.
|-- GLwDrawA.h
|-- GLwDrawAP.h
|-- GLwMDrawA.h
|-- GLwMDrawAP.h
|-- gl.h
|-- glATI.h
|-- gl_mangle.h
|-- glew.h
|-- glext.h
|-- glu.h
|-- glu_mangle.h
|-- glx.h
|-- glxATI.h
|-- glx_mangle.h
|-- glxew.h
|-- glxext.h
|-- glxint.h
|-- glxmd.h
|-- glxproto.h
|-- glxtokens.h
|-- internal
| |-- dri_interface.h
| `-- glcore.h
|-- osmesa.h
|-- wglew.h
|-- xmesa.h
|-- xmesa_x.h
`-- xmesa_xf86.h

The error it shows onscreen is many kilobytes above the bottom of that file, and
it appears the failure is caused by its inability to find several functions in
these headers. For instance, one of the searches in that attached config.log
is for the function "glAccum", but in /usr/includes/GL:
[root@coyote GL]# grep glAccum *
glew.h:GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glAccum( GLenum op, GLfloat value );
gl.h:GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glAccum( GLenum op, GLfloat value );
gl_mangle.h:#define glAccum MANGLE(Accum)

And there are quite a few similar failures, so many I feel like I'm lost in the
forest.

>If that doesn't help, check the configure.log file to see which
>header or library is actually missing.

It doesn't seem to say. I've sent the authors of gmerlin a msg also, maybe they
can decode that config.log better than I seem to be doing.

>--
> Markku Kolkka
> markku.kolkka@iki.fi

Thank you Markku.