Old 07-18-2008, 03:20 PM
linuxguy

Default How is one supposed to use the KDE4 desktop ?

I upgraded to F9 when it first came out. Everything works, but my
desktop is a mess. But surely I am missing something, after all, why
are the KDE developers so proud of their work ?

So... how is one supposed to use the KDE4 desktop ? Right now I have
about 100 icons for folders and files randomly dispersed on the desktop.
How do I clean them up and get my desktop organized again ?

I hate that I can't drag and drop files into folders on the desktop. Is
there a way to do this without using Dolphin ?

I hate the "collars" that appear around the file and folder icons. Can
they be turned off ?

Thanks