Old 12-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Terry Barnaby

Default F8: Suspend on Thinkpad R52

Hi,

I have installed F8 on my Thinkpad R52 having previously had FC6 running
fine. There are a few minor issues with F8 but the main one is that

suspend is not working. The machine will suspend but not recover
from it correctly.

Any ideas on what is wrong, it has all updates to 4/12/07.

Cheers

Terry

Old 12-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Milos Jakubicek

Hi, I have the same problem on a Thinkpad R51e. Try solving it with
some of the pm-quirks as described on:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/

For me, sometimes work the following quirks:

pm-suspend --quirk-s3-mode --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-radeon-off
--quirk-vbemode-restore

(Try also the quirk-checker.sh for some suggestions)

I think that by me it depends also on some modules which are blocking
the resume, because even if the resume is successful, I have to start
NetworkManager manually (and I have to unload the atheros wifi driver
before suspending)...as far I hadn't time to solve that.

Regards,
Milos

Old 12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Terry Barnaby

Hi,

Thanks for the info.
I have submitted a fix to hat@lists.freedesktop.org

Cheers

Terry

Old 12-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Matthew Saltzman

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 07:25 +0000, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed F8 on my Thinkpad R52 having previously had FC6 running
> fine. There are a few minor issues with F8 but the main one is that
> suspend is not working. The machine will suspend but not recover
> from it correctly.
>
> Any ideas on what is wrong, it has all updates to 4/12/07.

Better than my T61 (nVidia video), which goes into suspend mode but pops
right out again by itself.

You may have to do some spade work. See
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-suspend-index.html
and send them info/file bugs as appropriate when you figure things out.

--
Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs

Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 PM
"Mauriat M"

On Dec 5, 2007 5:31 PM, Matthew Saltzman <mjs@clemson.edu> wrote:

> Better than my T61 (nVidia video), which goes into suspend mode but pops
> right out again by itself.

OT: Very curious as my T61 (nvidia) does the *exact* same thing in
Vista. Haven't had time to put F8 on it yet.

-Mauriat