-   -   noisy gnome (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/126880-noisy-gnome.html)

Gerhard Magnus 07-18-2008 12:55 AM

noisy gnome

I'm running FC9 with a gnome desktop and with pulseaudio active. How do
I shut off those obtrusive "system" sounds that accompany so many
actions of the file browser and just about anything on the desktop? Even
"Clean up by name" procedure gives a little "click!" as it is sorting
the desktop icons.

Thanks for the help! -- Jerry

Frank Cox 07-18-2008 12:58 AM

noisy gnome

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:55:09 -0700
Gerhard Magnus <magnus@agora.rdrop.com> wrote:

> 'm running FC9 with a gnome desktop and with pulseaudio active. How do
> I shut off those obtrusive "system" sounds that accompany so many

System- Preferences - Hardware - Sound - Sounds