Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Guillaume

Default Problem with crontab joblog

Hi,

I have a problem with standard users after cronjobs ran, there is no
mail sended to the cronjob owner after the job succeed.
Problem does not seem to exist with superuser.

I have no report about any transaction (about cronjob logs) in
/var/log/maillog and i try to add the "MAILTO=username" in the crontab
of the user but it does'nt change anything. Do you have any idea ?

thanks for your help.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume

Old 07-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:02:20 +0200,
Guillaume <guillaume.chardin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with standard users after cronjobs ran, there is no
> mail sended to the cronjob owner after the job succeed.
> Problem does not seem to exist with superuser.

Are you sure the cronjobs are producing output? If there is no output, no
email is going to be sent.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Guillaume

> Are you sure the cronjobs are producing output? If there is no output, no
> email is going to be sent.

Sorry for being late to replying to your post...
Yes, the script i run produce output.
As I describe my problem before, mail are sent when I cronjob are run
with "root" but not with another standard user.

I check some other things today.

* path to the file in crontab
* ACL on file (760)
* crond logs in /var/log (seems to correctly run the script, and
no errors reported)
* results of the script I run (it works)
* I set MAILTO var in user crontab to somethingstupid@localhost
and no entry are written in /var/log/maillog about this recipient
address.

In crond manual there was an option to set debug flag i set it up and
i wait for the result maybe, it will show something... I'll tell you.
In case someone as an idea, contact me

--
Guillaume