Old 07-16-2008, 04:51 AM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

Default restorecon not found

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 12:52 +0800, Jun Evidente wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Can anybody tell me me how to 'restorecon'?
>
> All I get is "bash: restorecon: command not found" when I issued it from
> the terminal.

You have to be root.

poc

Old 07-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:52:44 +0800,
Jun Evidente <jun.evidente@somcorp.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Can anybody tell me me how to 'restorecon'?
>
> All I get is "bash: restorecon: command not found" when I issued it from
> the terminal.

It's in /sbin. Most like /sbin isn't in your path. Try typing:
/sbin/restorecon

Old 07-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 00:21:13 -0430,
Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 12:52 +0800, Jun Evidente wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Can anybody tell me me how to 'restorecon'?
> >
> > All I get is "bash: restorecon: command not found" when I issued it from
> > the terminal.
>
> You have to be root.

No you don't. The issue reported above had to do with his default path, not
the user he was running as. Now he may need to also run as root depending
on what files he needed to relabel, but that isn't the problem above.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:18 AM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 14:08 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 00:21:13 -0430,
> Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 12:52 +0800, Jun Evidente wrote:
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >
> > > Can anybody tell me me how to 'restorecon'?
> > >
> > > All I get is "bash: restorecon: command not found" when I issued it from
> > > the terminal.
> >
> > You have to be root.
>
> No you don't. The issue reported above had to do with his default path, not
> the user he was running as. Now he may need to also run as root depending
> on what files he needed to relabel, but that isn't the problem above.

That's technically correct. However the executable is in /sbin for some
reason, and thus not on the default path of normal users.

poc