Old 07-14-2008, 05:04 AM
Ardeshir hemmati

Default Problem with my fax modem in fedora 9

Hello

I just Installed the Fedora 9, every thing is fine but I don`t know how to Install my fax/modem (U.S Robotic 56kb) and use it to connect to the Internet.

I found the screen for making connections and choosing devices, but I when I Create a conection that uses the modem, it Can`t be activated.

Thanks alot

*

*

Old 07-19-2008, 03:10 AM
Simon Slater

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 22:04 -0700, Ardeshir hemmati wrote:
> Hello
>
> I just Installed the Fedora 9, every thing is fine but I don`t know
> how to Install my fax/modem (U.S Robotic 56kb) and use it to connect
> to the Internet.
>
> I found the screen for making connections and choosing devices, but I
> when I Create a conection that uses the modem, it Can`t be activated.
>
> Thanks alot

I use system-config-network, under the hardware tab create a new modem.
Then under the device tab create a new ppp device using your ISP account
details. Make sure you get the right serial port.

Simon