Old 12-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Todd Zullinger

Default Fedora Sound - working as root

I wrote:
> Another possibility, if you're using updates-testing, is the
> pilot-link-0.12.2-9 update (as suggested in bz#411321).

Confirmed. It is pilot-link and the update is being (or has been)
pulled from updates-testing. Reverting to the 0.12.2-7 should fix it
(but may require you to restart at least haldaemon and/or log out and
back in. A reboot may be the quickest way to ensure that the right
things get restarted and the proper permissions are set.

AIUI, the problem is in the hal integration that was added to
pilot-link in this update. The .fdi policy[1] file was too broad in
marking devices as pda's. There was a catchall with this:

<match key="pda.platform" exists="false">

A patch for the fdi file was posted at:

http://f3dora.org/paste/756

[1] http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/rpms/pilot-link/F-8/19-pam-acl-management.fdi

Old 12-06-2007, 12:08 AM
kwhiskerz

I tried that, Rex, but it didn't work. Think I'll stop using the testing
package, as Todd suggests, and revert to the regular release.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:15 AM
"yonas Abraham"

On Dec 5, 2007 2:05 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:
> kwhiskerz wrote:
>
> > I finally filed a bug report. Thanks, Rex, for the suggestion.
>
> It's likely this:
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/380031
>
> Until properly fixed, the suggested workaround is:
> rm -f /var/lib/hal/acl-list
> /sbin/service haldaemon restart

Yes, this did it! I now have sound!!!

/yonas