Old 12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Barry Yu

Default XRandR and the desktop background image

By using XRandR I inserted a line "Virtual 3360* 1050" into the SubSection "Display" to enable dual monitor for two 22" monitors, however the desktop background photo being stretched out horizontally 2 fold and the image is distorted - The icons on desktop and other application windows are remaining fine without any image distortion when drag them from left monitor to the right one or any place in 2 screens, how come the applications and icons can keep normal aspect ration but not the desktop background image? Am I using the XRandR correctly or is there any work around? I inserted a line into the xorg.conf as mentioned above and then issued command "xrandr --output VGA --auto --output TMDS-1 --auto --right-of VGA".
Need help

Old 12-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 08:29 -0800, Barry Yu wrote:
> how come the applications and icons can keep normal aspect ration but
> not the desktop background image? Am I using the XRandR correctly or
> is there any work around? I inserted a line into the xorg.conf as
> mentioned above and then issued command "xrandr --output VGA --auto
> --output TMDS-1 --auto --right-of VGA".
> Need help

Use a background image that is the resolution of one of the monitors,
and then change the background setting to "Tiled". The background gets
tiled across both, and the aspect ratio doesn't get destroyed.

Works for me!

Regards,

Ranbir
--