FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-27-2008, 10:05 PM
"Dave Burns"
 
Default selinux advises restorecon unknown?

I just installed FC8 x86_64 on a Dell Precision T5400. I then
installed nmap. I ran nmap. SELinux signalled that something was
wrong. I looked in the log, then I ran sealert -l 47<blah-blah-blah>
and it advises me to "try to restore the default system file context
for <Unknown>, restorecon -v <Unknown>".

a) What should I do? I am guessing

# touch /.autorelabel
# shutdown -r now

b) is this a bug?

I googled (selinux "restorecon -v unknown" bugzilla fedora). Lots of
hits, no general solution I could find. Many with similar problems
eventually figure out which file actually is causing selinux
unhappiness, but I have no clue how they figured it out. Anyone spare
a clue?

Dave

side note - after that I ran yum -y update, the screen has gone black
and does not respond to anything, including cntl-alt-del or
cntl-alt-backspace. No fair!

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 06-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Daniel J Walsh
 
Default selinux advises restorecon unknown?

Dave Burns wrote:
> I just installed FC8 x86_64 on a Dell Precision T5400. I then
> installed nmap. I ran nmap. SELinux signalled that something was
> wrong. I looked in the log, then I ran sealert -l 47<blah-blah-blah>
> and it advises me to "try to restore the default system file context
> for <Unknown>, restorecon -v <Unknown>".
>
This is probably a bad match by setroubleshoot. Please attach the AVC
messages that you are getting. I would figure this is an AVC on a file
system like /proc that confused selinux.

> a) What should I do? I am guessing
>
> # touch /.autorelabel
> # shutdown -r now
Probably not necessary
>
> b) is this a bug?
>
Yes
> I googled (selinux "restorecon -v unknown" bugzilla fedora). Lots of
> hits, no general solution I could find. Many with similar problems
> eventually figure out which file actually is causing selinux
> unhappiness, but I have no clue how they figured it out. Anyone spare
> a clue?
>
> Dave
>
> side note - after that I ran yum -y update, the screen has gone black
> and does not respond to anything, including cntl-alt-del or
> cntl-alt-backspace. No fair!
>

Not sure whether SELinux is involved here or not. Need to see the
/var/log/audit/audit.log

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org