-   -   mounting media without nautilus (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/114570-mounting-media-without-nautilus.html)

"Chris Rouch" 06-27-2008 11:53 AM

mounting media without nautilus

I've just set up Fedora 9 on a test machine. i've created a user with
gnome the default session.

I want to be able to automatically mount removable media when they are
inserted. I don't really mind if a nautilus window pops up when they
are inserted or not. However I don't want nautilius to draw any icons
on the desktop, or the background, and I don't want a nautilus window
open all the time. Is this possible?

I thought that running 'nautilus -n' might do what I want, but this
only works if nautilus is drawing the desktop icons.

This is a heavily customized installation, so if what I describe above
is working for you on F9 that would also be useful to know.

Any help will be appreciated.

Chris