-   -   selinux and fglrx (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/114558-selinux-fglrx.html)

Daniel J Walsh 06-27-2008 11:39 AM

selinux and fglrx

François Patte wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> While I installed fglrx module for ATI video card, I was unable to have
> X display working correctly until I disabled selinux.
>
> What's wrong?
>
> thanks.
Probably some execmem problems.

You might need to turn on some booleans.

What AVC messages are you seeing?

You can put SELinux in permissive mode by executing setenforce 0

Alan Cox 06-27-2008 04:00 PM

selinux and fglrx

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:00:52 +0100
dexter <dex.mbox@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Fri June 27 2008 09:05:07 François Patte wrote:
> > While I installed fglrx module for ATI video card, I was unable to have
> > X display working correctly until I disabled selinux.
> >
> > What's wrong?
>
> Nothing, you fixed it

Turning all your security protection off is hardly "fixing" anything.
However its entirely possible the binary only rubbish only works that
way, so you are stuffed...

dexter 06-27-2008 04:00 PM

selinux and fglrx

On Fri June 27 2008 09:05:07 François Patte wrote:
> While I installed fglrx module for ATI video card, I was unable to have
> X display working correctly until I disabled selinux.
>
> What's wrong?

Nothing, you fixed it

...dex