Old 06-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Wayne Feick

Default Fedora 9 + wifi + ssh stale connections

I've been seeing this a fair bit as well, when running VNC tunneled over the ssh connection. It's not a stale connection issue, because it happens while lots of data is being transferred. Both VNC and the underlying ssh shell hang.

I thought it might be an MTU problem, and tried dialing it down on my end, but can't control it on the other end. So far, no luck. I eventually switched to the wired connection and the problem seems to go away.

This is with the iwl3945 driver. I've seen a couple of kernel oops messages as well. :-(

Wayne.