Old 06-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Chris Bredesen

Default F9 Firefox 3 crashing hard

Anyone else seeing FF3GA crashing abruptly? I'm going to disable the
few plugins I have enabled and continue working. But I haven't added
any recently, and this just started today...

-Chris

Old 06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Chris Bredesen

Chris Bredesen wrote:
Anyone else seeing FF3GA crashing abruptly? I'm going to disable the
few plugins I have enabled and continue working. But I haven't added
any recently, and this just started today...

I did pull down OO.org 3 from rawhide, which brought with it a new
XULRunner, I wonder if this is the culprit...

-Chris

Old 06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Chris Bredesen

Chris Bredesen wrote:
Anyone else seeing FF3GA crashing abruptly? I'm going to disable the
few plugins I have enabled and continue working. But I haven't added
any recently, and this just started today...

I tracked this down to a rawhide version of libhunspell/enchant that
came down with a new XULRunner or possibly OO.org 3 from rawhide. I
reverted to the f9 versions of hunspell/enchant manually (rpm -Uvh
--oldpackage) and all's good now.

The hard crashes were during TEXTAREA typing (thought not 100% of the
time) which makes sense because there's spell checking there.

-Chris