Old 12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Art Giles

Default Deleted Massages Tbird

How do I find Deleted massages in Tbird?
Thanks
Art Giles

Old 12-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Richard England

Art Giles wrote:

How do I find Deleted massages in Tbird?
Thanks
Art Giles

The normal configuration puts them in a directory (folder) called
"Trash" until you do an explicit "File > Empty Trash". Check that out.

It is possible, through the Preferences, however, to have them deleted
immediately and I don't believe you can get them back, if that is the case.

~~R

Old 12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
"Styma, Robert E (Robert)"

> > The normal configuration puts them in a directory (folder) called
> > "Trash" until you do an explicit "File > Empty Trash".
> Check that
> > out.
> > It is possible, through the Preferences, however, to have
> them deleted
> > immediately and I don't believe you can get them back, if
> that is the
> > case.

One more thing to check. Go look into the directories where
thunderbird actually keeps the mail. There will be a folder
for each mail server you attach to.

for example:
$HOME/.thunderbird

contains a strangely named directory such as
m91q2nxl.default

Inside there will be a directory named: Mail

Which in turn will contain a directory like: pop.west.cox.net
or whatever your mail server is called.

The mail folders are files inside this directory.
If the files are still big after deleting mail or emptying
trash, right click the folder in Thunderbird and select
"compress folder" in the popup dialog. This should mash
it down to size.

Bob Styma
Phoenix, AZ