Old 06-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Gene Heskett

Default F8, currently offered grub update. Safe?

With a 400GB sata drive on a sata_sil pci card and initrd loaded driver module
in the mix, which some of the grub stuff insists is /dev/sda when its
actually /dev/sdc on this system, is this so-called update safe, or will I be
reaching for install dvd's I don't have yet other than Ubuntu-8.04, when I find
it won't reboot cuz the bios does NOT see that drive, and it therefore is now
non-bootable.

So is this update safe for me?

--
Cheers, Gene