-   -   Fedora clean install USB lan adapter causes kernel failure (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/113763-fedora-clean-install-usb-lan-adapter-causes-kernel-failure.html)

"Joe W. Byers" 06-26-2008 01:20 AM

Fedora clean install USB lan adapter causes kernel failure

I install fedora 9 from a freshly downloaded dvd on a newly built box.
verstion 2.6.25.14. Set up the network on my usb adapter and everything
worked fine. Lynksys WUSB54Gc adapter.

I updated my install using yum and rebooted intalled 2.6.25.6-55. The
boot went good and boted faster than the original install. I went to
shutdown and got a kernel fault with a usb driver or module. I can't
get anything out of the logs. I have install F9 twice. The first time
this would just get worse, dropping the network connection. When I
tried to restart the network, a error in ifdown script would occur.

I would appreciate any help.

thank you
Joe