Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 PM
"Sergey Kamshilin"

Default Fedora-DS alias dereference problem.

Hi all,

I'd like to report it as a bug because I could not find any help on
forms neither in other sources...

Hi all,

It appears that Fedora-DS 1.1.0-3 does not dereference aliases even if
it asked for. So I have a simple example:

============
# ldapsearch -x -LLL -b "ou=Special Users,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com" -a
always

dn: ou=Special Users,dc=lab, dc=convedia, dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Special Users

dn: aliasedobjectname=ou=DNS,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com ,ou=Special
Users
,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com
aliasedObjectName: ou=DNS,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com
objectClass: alias
objectClass: top
===============

Instead of "dn: aliasedobjectname=..." I would expect to see a DNS
subtree (DNS object).
Couple lines may be wrapped but the idea is that parameter -a always is
ignored. Is it a known issue? Is there any workarounds?

Thank you in advance,
SergeyK

Old 06-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Craig White

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 16:57 -0700, Sergey Kamshilin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to report it as a bug because I could not find any help on
> forms neither in other sources...
>
> Hi all,
>
> It appears that Fedora-DS 1.1.0-3 does not dereference aliases even if
> it asked for. So I have a simple example:
>
> ============
> # ldapsearch -x -LLL -b "ou=Special Users,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com" -a
> always
>
> dn: ou=Special Users,dc=lab, dc=convedia, dc=com
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> ou: Special Users
>
> dn: aliasedobjectname=ou=DNS,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com ,ou=Special
> Users
> ,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com
> aliasedObjectName: ou=DNS,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com
> objectClass: alias
> objectClass: top

much better list for this question

Craig

Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 AM
"Sergey Kamshilin"

Hi all,

I'd like to report it as a bug because I could not find any help on
forums neither in other sources...

[...]

I have installed:
fedora-ds-1.1.0-3.fc6
fedora-ds-admin-1.1.2-2.fc6