Old 06-25-2008, 06:35 PM
"Mark Haney"

Default F8 -> F9 rpms -- Complete bollocks. -- SOLVED

Mark Haney wrote:

Michael Schwendt wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:00:20 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:

# yum install yum-utils
# package-cleanup --problems

Clean them up and run

# yum update

Rahul

I can do that, but it does not explain the yum update output for PHP
as compared to the RPM query of PHP. How can I tell if I'm getting
the correct repos (maybe $releasever is being substituted incorrectly
in yum somehow).

Run "rpm -q fedora-release" and also "yum clean metadata" once your
repository baseurls are verified. And I meant $releasever not $basearch
in my other reply.

I actually had fedora-release-8 RPM still on the box. Hopefully removing
that will fix it.

That release RPM did it. That was the culprit, I'm not able to get all
my F9 updates. Thanks guys.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support